Applied Research & Development
HOFMEISTER s.r.o. company has been dealt with applied research for a decade, which is focused on development of special cutting tools and implementation of new machining technologies.
Development center for special cutting tools was founded in 2007. Since then it is being equipped (has been equipped) by advanced manufacturing technologies and measuring instruments. At present, the development center operates as a separate workplace in area of HOFMEISTER s.r.o.
Applied research and its focus:
- special cutting tools for machining of materials with bad machinability (Ti, Ni alloys, composite and sandvich materials)
- Hybrid cutting tools made of CFRP
- interdisciplinary tasks in field of machining technologies, with a complex approach from substrate selection to the design of thin coating
- development in field of functional parts of machined surfaces
- impletentation of new technologies including of unconventional machining methods, e.g. laser micromachining
- usage of ultrashort laser proccesing for creating of functional surfaces
Many projects have been designed and technically coordinated by development activities of HOFMEISTER s.r.o., which have been partly funded from EU and other sources:
- “Development of Drilling Multifunctional Tools for Highly Productive and Accurate Production of Circular Holes”
- “Development Center for Special Cutting Tools”
- “Implementation of the New Cutting Tool Production”
- “Expansion of Development Center for Cutting Tools”
- “Progressive Laser Technologies”
During a realization of research & development activities, partnerships with research organizations and innovation companies are developed with:
- University of West Bohemia in Pilsen
- Czech Technical University in Prague
- VÚTS a.s.
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionsanlagen und Konstruktionstechnik IPK Berlin